Thanks

Arrow Iron mines Northamtonshire 26/09/2010

Right must say these where to be my first mines,got Txt from troglodyte thursday night..here wevsky wanna come and meet me and me missus up here for a few mines..yes says me if i can get there.So few txts later got hold of Maniac who was well up for the road trip up there.I have a pdf file with a lot of info on the iron mining industry including some maps and some info on both these mines.But due to the fact that the maps and detailed info gives exact locations to the mines i really cant use it,so this report is more about my first mine and meeting up with some great people along the way..This was a trip up there with maniac to meet troglodyte his missus *char* and to then meet up in a pub carpark with DHL fazey and one other guy who tbh i didnt catch his name so sorry there mate..
    Right the first mine was Church North ...then after a quick change a sneaky pint and a chat with Troglodyte and his missus the second mine (willow close) which was visited without dhl fazey and the other bloke they had other plans ..right on with some pics..one passage in an iron mine looks pretty much like another so i wont over do it with the pics

Right on with willow close

Right thats me done..thanks again to maniac wh agreed to come along and did the driving..nice one troglodyte for the invite..shame there was major traffic jams on way home took 4 and a half hours to get back..thanks for looking

Thanks

Default Re: Iron mines Northamtonshire 26/09/2010

Looks massive. So what's the deal with this mine? I assume its closed because the tunnel supports are falling down?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel View Post
    Looks massive. So what's the deal with this mine? I assume its closed because the tunnel supports are falling down?
    right i have only just got back to my house after the trip last night,put the report up opn friends pc..ive got a 24 page pdf too trawl thru ..i know there was info on the mines but as i said they did give away far too much on locations..im not sure how old the report and documents are..think they may have been "mined out"..there was a third in same area which we didnt have time for as these places are massive could easily spend days wandering round etc.

Thanks

Arrow Re: Iron mines Northamtonshire 26/09/2010

Quote Originally Posted by flat-4 View Post
    thats right up my street, thats fucking awesome!
    mate if it wasnt for our guide(S) and good usage of comon sense and leaving markers id still be down there now,it twists turns has so many branching off tunnels left right and everywhere..loved it

Thanks

Nice pics mate
    "God will forgive them. He'll forgive them, and allow them into heaven. I can't live with that."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Esposa View Post
    They look great wouldn't mind a little poke around the edges...doubt I would venture too far in because I can guarentee I'd get lost
    think we spent 2 maybe 3 hours in the first one only skirted round the edges the place was huge..and as this weas church north mine theres a church south aswell..