All Photos By The Stooges, Captain Jack and Moss

My partner Moss has had his eye on this church since reading an article on it several years ago. The church gave it up for several reasons and they couldn’t find a buyer considering it needed about a one million dollar rehab to be used again. Moss did the intel and ground work but wasn't able to bypass the locks so he called me for a two man attack
Within mere minutes we were inside to tour the whole place. Power still on, demo tools left inside what they believed to be a locked building. They are prioritizing the materials to be taken out, so the building might have a few days left before the knock down starts. Too bad, it is one cool old building.

News Story;

The former United Baptist Church at Main and Bates streets in Lewiston is being torn down. The property was purchased last fall by Rick Michaud, owner of Sam's Italian Foods.
- Russ Dillingham/Sun Journal
Buy a Print
LEWISTON — A prominent Main Street landmark is about to be torn down. Many of the windows in the vacant United Baptist Church are already missing, and heavy machinery is on the site, ready to begin demolition.
The church, unused and for sale since 2008, was bought last fall by the owner of Sam's Italian Foods a neighboring business who most likely will use the land as a parking lot.

“It's such a visible landmark, it's too bad that it's being torn down,” Hodgkin said.

Here I am praying for the some warmth. It was about 5 above zero F inside that place