This has been on my list of explores to do for a while now and it certainly lived up to my expectations! If I won the lottery tomorrow I would buy this place...I just love it and will certainly be heading back there very soon as I didn't have enough time to do it justice!

A wee bit of history.... Eastend comprises a 37 room mansion house of four floors with the oldest visible part of the building, which is claimed to have a much more ancient nucleus, being an early 16th century keep (a fortified tower). To this were added tall crowstepped wings to the east and west in 1673, and these in turn were joined up on the south by a typical 18th century bow-fronted addition which completely obscured the keep on that side. In the mid 19th century large “Scottish baronial” extensions were added to the west.
The building is listed on the “Castles of Scotland” map and is a listed historic building, Category B. In addition to terraced lawns, extensive walled gardens, and views of Tinto Hill through majestic ancient redwoods and beech trees, there are three cottages and an ancient stone farm-steading square with servant’s accommodations, stables, harness rooms, dovecot, and clock tower. Because the wood interior supporting structure suffers from dry rot, it is not currently habitable.

Unfortunately the building is in very bad condition and some of the floors have collapsed in places - there is a lot of water damage to the front of the building and I think a few more winters may just see some more of it off.

On with the photo's...

An ariel shot - nicked from the Tinterweb...to give you an idea of the size of the place...

We walked down the long path and this was our first view....

A quick around the front and...

Thanks for looking!