Thanks

Arrow Albert Hall, Manchester – July 2011.

Again another one on the list, it was just trying the access that I had been sitting on for over a year. After being followed around the Library/Town hall by many security guards I suggested a look at this.

History

‘On Peter Street, the Albert Hall (Grade II) was designed in eclectic style with Baroque and Gothic elements for the Wesleyan Mission by W. J. Morley in 1910, and after a long period of inactivity is now being utilised once again. A meeting hall is located on the first floor, with a horseshoe gallery, sloping floor and coloured glass rooflights. The finely detailed buff terracotta is formed into large traceried windows at gallery level, and the interior has a wealth of detail and floral decoration in plaster work and glazed tiles’

In the past a few of the Manchester lads have tried the permission route with Brannigans claiming they have nothing to do with it. The first floor is full of their stuff!

After checking out the main hall we headed up to the tower to the glass ‘Albert Hall’ windows, unfortunately you can’t reach the very top but it’s sweet non the less.

Big thanks to Millhouse for hitting this with me and the SNC for checking out access with me for the past two years.

Cheers, Gone...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Gone85 For This Useful Post:

mrtoby (03-08-2011)