Opened: June 1960

Closed: September 1991

Visited with Tankman. This post is just opposite the former RAF Upwood which after a failed explore we decided to abandon and instead look at some ROC posts while in the area, no one visits these very often and you can bloody see why! From the track up to it the post looks pretty nice but looks can be deceiving as was the case! The post sits opposite a public footpath heading into Upwood so the local chavs have a perfect way in, the post is graffed slightly outside and the hatch is completely missing. Upon entering I saw the cupboard at the bottom of the shaft and assumed it was in the way but when standing on I went to duck into the main observer room for a look when I stopped to take a picture, very glad I didn't as the post is flooded by about 2 feet of horrid brown water

View at first and looks to be alright.

Hatch, this is starting to be a bit nasty..

My raft in the mess

The main observer room, flooded and stripped bare. Things I can make out former observer chair at the back under water line almost fully now, room door also lay just in bottom of picture.

Toilet room also flooded.

Id seen just about enough so we left. The post is a pit of despair and not really worth looking at, still has nice views of a distant wind farm and surrounding land one of the only bit of fens that is not fully flat and a bit elevated!