Terry's of York

went to York the other day and decided to have another go round here, i hadn't been 'exploring' in ages!

pictures aren't that good, i forgot my tripod * face-palm* excuse me for that...

Terry's was a chocolate and confectionery maker in York. the history of Terry's stretches way back into 1823.

Joseph Terry became a partner of Robert Berry and his confectionery business in 1823. Robert Berry died and his son left the business in 1828. Joseph Terry was then left to expend the business further until his death in 1850his son, Joseph Terry junior further developed the business and in 1926 Joseph Terry and sons moved to the current site.

in 1993, the Terry's brand was bought over by american food industry giants, Kraft foods.

Midday on the 30th September 2005 after 79 successful years of trading goods from the Bishopthorpe site, the last workers who left the building were the last workers in there. it was a sad day for everyone who worked at the York site, but not as much of a sad day as it was for Peter Terry, the last of the terry family to represent the company. "I'ts A great disappointment and very sad for me. I think its also sad for the history of York, the traditions and the people of York, and of course the employees."

"It can never be changed, it's gone from York forever."

anyway, enough with the history and on with the pics

first external

second external

it's not Terry's it's mine!

stairwell shot numero uno

smashed window shot

caution: bright reflection

stairwell shot numero dos

slightly blurry walkway shot

first floor shot

signage