A Flickr Friend hinted at this place when I mentioned I was heading to Blaenavon & after seeing interior photos from summer 2011 I found it's location & was looking forward to it!! Unfortunately, as you'll see in later photos, the inside is pretty much trashed now as happens with the majority of these places

Managed a little bit of brief history on this place.

This was built for Samuel Hopkins [Iron Master for the Blaenavon Works] in 1798 as private residence.
In 1924/25 it bacame a Hospital.
I'm unsure of when it changed use to a Nursing Home but it closed in 2006 & I presume has remained empty since.
It became a Grade II listed building in September 1995.

No fish!!

Inside the main entrance

Main entrance toilet

From the garden - You can see the main entrance foyer bottom left

Fire escape with secured doors

It didn't look like there was an obvious way inside the main building. Then a bit of closer snooping found a well hidden, broken unsealed window. It was pitch black inside so I grabbed my 450D from my friend as it has the pop up flash that the 5D2 doesn't Tripod was in the car & like I said, it was pitch black inside anyway....

The groundfloor was safe but trashed. As there were no tiles or felt on the roof the weather damage was bad & floors next level up were bad so I didn't venture too far or any higher.......

I was pretty disappointed with the inside in all honesty but thought I'd share them anyway.

The set on Flickr - http://www.flickr.com/photos/ratters...7628331169859/