"Known in the 1970's as the Hallam Towers Hotel (Hallam being an old term for the Sheffield area) This high rise hotel was later known as the Post House. Being a high rise, it was controversial when it was built in this 'traditional suburb' of Sheffield, and still is today ... as it is closed and awaiting a decision on it's future." Source

This was my first "full" attempt at Urban Exploration, it was late in the evening and the light was failing when we approached the Towers concerned about an access point in this highly suburban area we lingered around a bit before taking action...big mistake! after finally gaining access beyond the perimeter fencing we found our route in...Not easy, but then again maybe I was unprepared and naive.

After about 10-20 minutes of some very poor photography in a dark environment, I noticed in the corner of my eyes a pair of legs close to the fencing...taking a quite look it was quickly realised that those legs belonged to the bizzies. Doing my best statue impression I remained still and tried to signal to my friend who as of yet had not seen them...He quickly caught on and had a better vantage of the scene below us...we both remained motionless for what seemed an age before the bizzies moved on, least that's what we pertain happened.

After this we quickly decided to get the hell outta dodge and scarped away from the scene in different directions only to meet up again on the main road and vocalise our experience...according to my friend there was a van and two cars with the occupants searching the fencing, scary to say the least! We still have no idea why they left, or if we just used our ninja skills to evade them!

Unfortunately I was unable to get many photographs, but a did take a few very poor ones.

DSC_0375 by Wyrdsight, on Flickr

DSC_0384 by Wyrdsight, on Flickr

DSC_0382 by Wyrdsight, on Flickr

This is the last photo I took, before seeing the movement out of the window.

DSC_0398 by Wyrdsight, on Flickr