Thanks

Default The Tache - Blackpool - 28 May 2012

Blackpool's premier rock venue that dates back 31 years closed its doors for one last epic party (I was there and yes it was epic) on 19th November 2011. The building has always looked derelict inside and out which in my opinion was one of the clubs best charms. This place was a second home to me until it shut down and I'll never ever forget the infamous sticky carpet and damp smelling crevices.

Last night at the Tache

Unfortunately this will be quite a shallow report due to me being so unprepared that I forgot to bring a torch and spare batteries so the few pics that I got are quite dark. The site is fenced off and ready to be demolished now so we just had to get in there before it was knocked down and replaced with council offices.
    Oh and I'd like to apologise the awkward tilt on alot of the photo's, I couldn't see a thing in there so I blame that, my bad for not bringing a source of light with me. I have alot to learn... Enjoy!

^The stage where many bands and pirates have strut their stuff over the years^

^One last mosh on the dance floor resulted in me dropping the almost dead batteries from my camera and us having to scramble around in the pitch black to try and find them.^

^Behind the main bar, probably didn't look much cleaner when it was up and running^

^The most uncomfortable seating ever to be sat on, they remind me of something you find in a train station.^

^Ladies room with toilet paper still, don't think the gents ever got toilet paper.^

^Gents, used to like have a
    doodle on the chalk board whilst taking a whizz^

^Helen's little bar was always packed.^

^Lynn's place i.e. the DJ box^

As we got to the top of the stairs to photograph the 1st floor my camera died so unfortunately no pictures.

So to bring this to a close the Tache is what a lot of people here would call derped, it had always been derped and is about to be even more derped.
    Thanks for taking a look!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Piggy1990 For This Useful Post:

Ace247 (25-06-2012), rickyt (24-06-2012)

Thanks

Default Re: The Tache - Blackpool - 28 May 2012

Not seen this place before! Reminds me of Pennington's in Bradford! The pics are all a bit dark, maybe have a crack with a tripod and torch next time you go somewhere this dark to lighten them up!

My camera bag weighs far too much for these poor quality photos: My Flickr

Thanks

Haha!! I never knew tache Had shut!
    Good stuff there
    The only thing to do with good advice is pass it on. It is never any use to oneself.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GeoVDUB View Post
    Not seen this place before! Reminds me of Pennington's in Bradford! The pics are all a bit dark, maybe have a crack with a tripod and torch next time you go somewhere this dark to lighten them up!
    Agree'd, can't believe I didn't take a torch actually, it's such a nooby thing to do. I'll invest in a tripod and better camera at some point too

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BB View Post
    Haha!! I never knew tache Had shut!
    Good stuff there
    The tache has moved, it's above the rose and crown now on corporation street.
    I take it you've been there then?

Thanks

Oh many moons ago!
    The only thing to do with good advice is pass it on. It is never any use to oneself.