Visited with Zotez and Ptchaw. Effectively, this should be in non-public because of its contents, listing status, part occupation and nature of access. But given that it's not named I think it should be OK.

Though I would easily consider it to be among the most fun explores I've ever done, it's also one of the most frustrating I've done. There were 2 parts to this explore: the now unoccupied and derelict part and the part-live storage area. After simply walking straight in irrespective of the workers sitting outside on their break, watching us walk through. Funnily enough, they never even questioned us either! Access wasn't a problem, so we start exploring.

Comedy moment of the day was when I went to the top of the floor, trying to find a way up to the top and having a pigeon in hiding fly past me, INCHES FROM MY FACE!

Whilst a lot of this part was stripped, there was plenty of natural decay for us to dig our teeth into.

Having a friend/fellow explorer called Treads I love this!

What a beast this thing was!

Moving on, we came to what in truth was the 2nd best part of the place. Epic, epic machinery. Though whether this is still used or not I don't know.

So on we go, back into the other bit. We continue looking for access to the part-live bit, but all of the doors from there were padlocked from the other side. After much creative thinking to no avail, we make our way outside. First of all, I try swinging round a barbed wire fence, covered in brambles, hanging over a 12 foot drop into the river below. Only to find that the open window leads into where we just were! Then I try climbing underneath the building into some underground part, which leads nowhere. So I decide to really be daring now, and try and climb the outer staircase where the ladder had been sawn off. Only to find it covered in crap and the doors sealed from the inside... again.

Not satisfied with just seeing the derelict part, we decide to up our game a bit and become a bit more daring. Without going into details, we make our way in through what effectively looks like a derelict part but is live! Up the stairs we go, we are greeted by the sight of some beautiful ironwork. This room was used to store carpets.

Until we realize we're not alone... the next stair up leads past offices, and the door is open! We have to go into absolute stealth mode and sneak past the workers! Looking in, we see people working away on their computers but no-one detects us. Ironic really, seeing a stark contrast between semi-dereliction and a fully active area! Sad to say, the best feature of this place is sealed by padlock; looking through were row upon row of industrial sewing machines, all in MINT condition!

Went out on the roof to get a few scenic shots, but I couldn't go far because I would be too exposed. Ptchaw, by contrast goes round the entire outside!

So there you have it. Although the best bits are currently behind lock and key, this is easily one of the most exceptional mills in the UK. If you know where it is, and you live close enough, check it out!

Love TBM x