Thanks

Arrow Rank Hovis Mill by Night - Ramsgate - January 2013

I'm lacking transport at the moment, so I decided to take a walk and have a revisit of my most familiar UE haunt. Sadly the place has gone downhill fast - it was sealed recently, but they left it a bit late... Once upon a time the site was in great condition, but has sadly become a victim of its popularity with local kids. The building is still sealed up well - so after a comedy entrance, I was inside.

You could hear a pin drop - even though it was pitch dark, it was reassuring to know I would not have any unwanted company, after seeing how well the place is secured. I remember, months ago my girlfriend and I had a nasty shock while on the roof - hearing an angle grinder start up, before an awkward encounter with the culprits downstairs...

There has been a mill on this site for roughly 150 years, with the large silo structures built considerably later. As I recall, the site ceased operation around 2005 due to modernization. The site is now in development hell (the plan was to convert the Grade II listed building into apartments) - the buyer paid too much and couldn't make a profit, and left the whole site unguarded for years.

Anyway, as it was a good night for it, half the photographs are taken from the roof. The other half were taken while I tried not to fall through rotten floorboards...

Thanks for looking!
    "With insomnia, nothing's real. Everything's far away. Everything's a copy of a copy of a copy."

Thanks

Default Re: Rank Hovis Mill by Night - Ramsgate - January 2013

Not a bad set of pics!
    Least you didn't bump into any more unscrupulous individuals this time
    The only thing to do with good advice is pass it on. It is never any use to oneself.