After i finished work early i decided to go for a walk and find the ROC post in billange that ive heard about.
After a few hours i found it but its not what i hoped for. i was hopeing i could of climbed in for a look around but that was not the case.

SEALED The four concrete corner posts of the compound remain in place. The BPI pipe has gone and both ventilation shafts have been cut down to below the level of the louvres and capped with concrete. The access shaft has an 8” thick concrete slap on top of it. The step is detached and lying nearby. The post retains a littler green paint.
On 3/6/2000 the concrete slab had been removed and the shaft was open but filled with rubble and rubbish but with sufficient room to climb down although the ladder is loose. The post had been resealed with concrete.

Two ROC sites were established in St Helens, at Eccleston Hill in 1965 and Billinge Hill in 1960. Both sites were mainly underground sites and formed a network of 1563 sites, each about 7-8 miles apart across the UK.

The Billinge site is located close to the Beacon and closed in 1968 however some of the the surface structures are still visible today.

This was also on the same site as the ROC post

Thanks for looking