Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks

Default Re: Firbeck Hall - January 2013

Looks great! Deffo needs a big wad of cash spending on it. It's obviously checked because of the tyre marks in the snow so it's good that you avoided them.

Thanks

Cheers all!

Didn't see any security at all but there's obviously activity around from the tyre tracks and pheasant traps. Also, the stable building has got a dog although he didn't make a sound when we walked up to the gate.

Nr Mansfield, Notts, but in Derbyshire, if that makes any sense?
    Thanks

So glad to see the inside of here. and very glad you didn't meet up with the two loons with shotguns.

The rooms are gorgeous, even in it's present state, and loving that staircase.

Well done matey.

Thanks

I'm guessing other people on here have had some interesting experiences with the gamekeeper here? Would love to hear some of the stories if anyone wants to share?

Just a warning to everyone, if you go through the woods the guy has trip wires and flashbangs (made from shotgun cartridges) connected to trees. Went in June/July with dannyday after seeing a post and walked into the trip wire and set one of the flashbangs off... shit ourselves and ran to the road and 2 guys turned up in 4x4's, parked up outside and walked up to us. One guy kept quiet but the big guy walked down the middle of the road shouting profanities and threats at us and wouldn't let us leave. He asked me if I thought I was a 'big man' and offered me out for a fight (bearing in mind I'm a skinny 9 stone and he was massive guy with a shotgun). He'd called the police (thank god) and when they turned up he knew the local coppers by name! Spoke to the copper afterwards and he said he'd already made them aware that he has flashbangs on his land and it's totally legal as long as he has signs up. The guy wanted us arresting for burglary but luckily because we only had camera gear and he believed our story, the copper said he couldn't. Apparently the copper 'had to' give him our names and addresses and he said he was going to sue us for civil trespass (haha) but thankfully haven't heard anything since.

Just thought I'd warn everyone because he is a very nasty piece of work!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by UrbexNinja View Post
    I'm guessing other people on here have had some interesting experiences with the gamekeeper here? Would love to hear some of the stories if anyone wants to share?

Just a warning to everyone, if you go through the woods the guy has trip wires and flashbangs (made from shotgun cartridges) connected to trees. Went in June/July with dannyday after seeing a post and walked into the trip wire and set one of the flashbangs off... shit ourselves and ran to the road and 2 guys turned up in 4x4's, parked up outside and walked up to us. One guy kept quiet but the big guy walked down the middle of the road shouting profanities and threats at us and wouldn't let us leave. He asked me if I thought I was a 'big man' and offered me out for a fight (bearing in mind I'm a skinny 9 stone and he was massive guy with a shotgun). He'd called the police (thank god) and when they turned up he knew the local coppers by name! Spoke to the copper afterwards and he said he'd already made them aware that he has flashbangs on his land and it's totally legal as long as he has signs up. The guy wanted us arresting for burglary but luckily because we only had camera gear and he believed our story, the copper said he couldn't. Apparently the copper 'had to' give him our names and addresses and he said he was going to sue us for civil trespass (haha) but thankfully haven't heard anything since.

Just thought I'd warn everyone because he is a very nasty piece of work!
    What a penis. Tommo and bob had a bit of a do with him
    BLOG I SPLORE WHERE NO MAN HAS SPLORED BEFORE

Thanks

Aye, held us at feckin gunpoint in a room for an hour whilst threatening to smash our heads and gear up. Lovely chap.

A picture is not a picture without no depth of feeling....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ROYALBOB View Post
    Aye, held us at feckin gunpoint in a room for an hour whilst threatening to smash our heads and gear up. Lovely chap.
    God it sounds like you had a worse experience than me. Was it the big gamekeeper guy in the maroon Disco and a couple of missing teeth? He walked down the middle of the main road shouting abuse at the top of his voice and flipping off cars that beeped their horns at him. Completely irrational! He was carrying a shotgun but thankfully didn't point it at us. Once his mate turned up in another car he put it on the drivers seat before the police came. He kept constantly asking where we were from and how many times we'd been there. He seemed to think we were from Manchester and been there 7 times. He must be mad to think I'd keep on going back if I knew he was going to turn up and kick off!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by UrbexNinja View Post
    He walked down the middle of the main road shouting abuse at the top of his voice and flipping off cars that beeped their horns at him.
    I think he shouted something along the lines of, "OI! ...CUNTS!!!"

Honestly everyone, we can't tell you the trouble we had!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dannyday58218195 View Post
    I think he shouted something along the lines of, "OI! ...CUNTS!!!"

Honestly everyone, we can't tell you the trouble we had!
    "Every f**king day of 't week" :P

Thanks

been to this place twice wi Badbatz and never had any bother worth a look tho awsome place

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast