Thanks

Default Billange Hospital, billange, wigan, feb 2013 (whats left of it)

Billange hospital wigan (whats left of it)

After an early finish at work i decided to go for a look explore around winstanley hall in wigan, but i got busted off a guy on a quad, and he asked me how i got into the grounds then he asked me to leave so i left with no pics then headed to billange hospital before it went dark.

Here is some history on the place

In June 2004, the maternity hospital was closed and maternity facilities were transferred to other units at hospitals in surrounding districts. Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Trust, who administered at Billinge Maternity Hospital, were transferred to a new maternity unit at the Royal Albert Edward Infirmary (more commonly known as Wigan Infirmary) in Wigan. Maternity care units were upgraded in surrounding boroughs at Bolton Hospital, Salford Royal, Chorley Hospital, Warrington Hospital and Ormskirk Hospital
    In March 2007, demolition work on the maternity hospital building commenced. As of May 2007, only a small section of the maternity unit is left standing.
    Opened in 1968, Billinge Maternity Hospital served as the maternity facility for the surrounding areas, including much of the Metropolitan Borough of Wigan, parts of the Metropolitan Borough of St.Helens and parts of the District of West Lancashire.
    Billinge Hospital was originally founded in 1837 as a Wigan Poor Law Union hospital and workhouse. Mental Health services

I hope you enjoyed and thanks for looking
    exploring in manchester ?
    give me a SHOUT!!!

tomos25@live.co.uk

Thanks

Default Re: Billange Hospital, billange, wigan, feb 2013 (whats left of it)

wow im surprised theres still some left, i went here about 2 years ago when they was ripping it down, well done mate
    check out the website scrappynw.com
    flickr