Thanks

Default Durham City Baths - Durham - Various Explores (February - June 2013)

I know this site has been done to absolute death, but with it only being 5 mins down the road from me i often find myself and a few others spending a bit of time there when there is nothing else to do and nowhere else to explore.

This report is made up mostly of photos i've taken in the past few months with a couple on the end from last year when me and Mr Ex got a little silly one night.

Opened in September 1932 The baths replaced the previous peat floored pool (really? peat floor? bet that was nice :-/).
    The pool closed down in 2008 after the newer and much more modern (and might i add hygenic) Freemans Quay complex opened on the other side of the City.
    Despite being over 70 years old now the building never achieved listed status, planning permission was granted for a number of new homes along with a restaraunt and offices. The plans were never carried through thanks to the recession.

1. Main pool from the upper balcony

2. Reception area (where i used to sit an eat my pickled onion monster munch after a swim)

3. Looking through to the little pool from the reception area

4. Cash booth and reception area

5. Door through to little pool from reception area

This is where things got a bit silly, me and Mr Ex visited to place late one night last year armed with several large bags of tea lights!

6. Satan was not summoned, in fact the only unholy thing that was summoned was the demonic sounds and smells that errupted from my bum.

Thanks for looking
    Last edited by Dissimulate; 25-06-2013 at 06:18 PM. Reason: Fat hands/typos

Thanks

Default Re: Durham City Baths - Durham - Various Explores (February - June 2013)

thats a lot of candles mate, bet that took ages to set up. i never did this site when i was up there, i did the cinema instead.
    check out the website scrappynw.com
    flickr

Thanks

Default Re: Durham City Baths - Durham - Various Explores (February - June 2013)

We ended up with burns on our thumbs, took so long some were going out as we were still lighting them!
    Palladium was probably a more interesting 'splore anyway mate :-)
    We'll go hit this place if you are ever back up this way (you should have come up with Tom when he popped up a few weeks back)

Thanks

i would have done but had something else on that weekend as he only told me late in the week. but im ready for getting out again i think lol
    check out the website scrappynw.com
    flickr

Thanks

Ace pix them is!!
    You aint seen me... RIGHT!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Perjury Saint For This Useful Post:

Dissimulate (28-06-2013)

Thanks

Why thank you :-D

Thanks

Brilliant pics there hun - the candles make it look so tranquil despite the amount of graffiti :-)
    Find something in this world worth dying for, and spend everyday living for it.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/claire_dobson/