Thanks

Arrow Aberdeen Hotel - July 2013 (pic heavy)

On Tuesday I hopped on the bus to go and visit the Waterwheel Inn, in Aberdeen. The bus stop was right outside so after 30 seconds I was in and taking photos and loving how big the site was! Whilst in one of the rooms close to the back I heard a large *thud* and some voices, so guessing there was someone who'd either hurt themselves or another explorer, I went looking for them to see if they were OK and to say hi (I don't like scaring people if they're also on the same site), I quickly found the voices were outside and coming from the roof, so Bill & John (I highly doubt those are their names) were nicking the led from the building... The sites been ransacked of it's piping in the past, sadly.. :/

Anyway, all the information I could find out about the place is;

"The original building that forms part of the The Waterwheel Inn & Restaurant dates back to 1600. As the name suggests, its original use was as a mill powered by water."

"The Waterwheel Inn was originally a 17th century working corn-mill and still today the Waterwheel is a highlight in one of our 3 function suites."

"The Waterwheel Inn, one of the most prominent hotels/public houses in Aberdeen, has been put up for sale. Owner Mike Wilson decided to place the 21-bedroom hotel on the market after receiving numerous approaches from various parties including care home operators and residential developers. The hotel was no longer part of Mr Wilson’s core business and he hopes that a sale will give fresh impetus to the property"
    Sadly this never happened and it's been left to rot and I reckon it'd cost too much to fix it up now, which is a shame as it's a massive site. A few of my Instagram pals were telling me of their various relatives and/or friends who used to work there and of the many nights they were at the bar themselves or a wedding they'd attended, it used to be popular but I don't know why it closed down.

On with the photos!

Externals.

The bars & various function rooms.

The office, reception and corridor.

Thanks

Default Re: Aberdeen Hotel - July 2013 (pic heavy)

Some of the bedrooms (there's 21 altogether).

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ZombieSazza For This Useful Post:

deesidegranite (08-08-2013), dubdee (14-10-2013), Rochester (17-08-2013)