In a previous report from 2009 I found that this site was originally Fison's Peat Works and was then taken over by Levingtons followed by Scotts and the site closed down in 2001.

The Fision's name has been confirmed via much online research and I also found separately the following:

"Fisons's Horticulture division was separated from the Agrochemical division in 1977. It produced and marketed amateur and professional gardening products, and its strengths were in peat-based products, especially the popular and well-established Fisons Gro-Bags self-contained, nutritionally balanced soil sacks. The peat operations were extended with a new plant in Yorkshire"

Could this be the site in question? Perhaps, perhaps not. Unfortunately there is very little specific information available on the internet.

As I had just started taking the external shots a local man appeared and was telling me he had often thought about photographing the location himself, and had a couple of relatives who had actually worked there. It is a sad fact that local industry in many places throughout the UK close down, indeed a peat works isn't seen nowadays as a particularly green business with more focus on sustaining peatland rather than cutting it up, however this had employed a number of people from nearby Swinefleet and Crowle the majority of which are of an older generation who had worked there for many years and found it hard to gain employment elsewhere. The concrete area at the front where we were stood talking had apparently been the location of the admin buildings however these were long gone.

I think there was one small room I didn't get the change to photograph, a noisy car was speeding towards the site so I made an exit through the back. Don't think I will have missed much to be honest!

Thanks for looking!