While visiting Wales on our most recent urban exploration road-trip, we stopped by a large old hotel overlooking the coast. According to those familiar with the place, the owner has been stripping the guts from the building and selling off what he could as scrap. Due to this activity, navigating the building was quite perilous and required quite a bit of joist-walking to prevent one from falling through to the floor below.

Although the insides of the hotel are not much to look at any more, it was worth the stop on our tour just for the view alone. Here you can just see the large golf course that sits between the hotel and the beach. Amazing.

Looking up from the balcony at the rear of the building.

I may have used up more than my fair share of exploring good luck exiting this place – Let’s just say that I don’t recommend commando rolling into piles of broken glass and thorns from 2 meters up if it can at all be avoided. By rights I should have been significantly more injured than I was from that fall. As those golfers would say, it’s par for the course I suppose.

Thanks

MrD