Thanks

Default Chernobyl ,Duga3 & Pripyat April 2014

This was organised by some great lads who worked it out so we had decent accommodation Very good guides and made the trip worth every penny.

The list of names of those present is never ending but Bigjobs and Hils, SX-riffraff where there as where quite a few other bods some of who you know.Cant be doing with a 5 part report documenting the place from start to finish from every location/area we visited so what ive done was narrow it down from just under 900 pics to 130 for Flickr and 30 for here,so there is many many more on my hdd but these will give you a taste of what i did,with a cheeky video of me shooting teh Guns at the end of the trip..Went into Kiev on the last day for a wander about but im not the poke your camera in someones face type especially when hes holding an axe and is wearing a stab vest!!

For me this was something id thought about but due to finances never thought id get to see so big shout out to me Mum and the wife for finding the funds,BigJobs as ever was entertaining and at the same time respectful to the wishes of the guides who explained you climb you fuck it for everyone if police see you so it was a chilled affair.I dont mix well with people if i cant speak their lingo so cheers to those who saved me the hassle of trying to order stuff by grabbing me cola while at the bar..

The April 1986 disaster at the Chernobyla nuclear power plant in Ukraine was the product of a flawed Soviet reactor design coupled with serious mistakes made by the plant operatorsb. It was a direct consequence of Cold War isolation and the resulting lack of any safety culture. The accident destroyed the Chernobyl 4 reactor, killing 30 operators and firemen within three months and several further deaths later. One person was killed immediately and a second died in hospital soon after as a result of injuries received. Another person is reported to have died at the time from a coronary thrombosisc. Acute radiation syndrome (ARS) was originally diagnosed in 237 people on-site and involved with the clean-up and it was later confirmed in 134 cases. Of these, 28 people died as a result of ARS within a few weeks of the accident. Nineteen more subsequently died between 1987 and 2004 but their deaths cannot necessarily be attributed to radiation exposured. Nobody off-site suffered from acute radiation effects although a large proportion of childhood thyroid cancers diagnosed since the accident is likely to be due to intake of radioactive iodine falloutd. Furthermore, large areas of Belarus, Ukraine, Russia and beyond were contaminated in varying degrees

Pics in no particular order as photobucket likes to mess the order i uploaded them..

When the Hdr boys found this room and lined up for their shots the sound of 7 brackets being fired off from them all was quite a deafening sound

Thanks for looking and you will be glad to know there is no part 2 or 3 etc ..job done

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEHCq_Mioa8

Thanks

Default Re: Chernobyl ,Duga3 & Pripyat April 2014

Awesome report
    "There's no such thing as bad weather, only unsuitable clothing"
    - Alfred Wainwright

Thanks

nice work WEVS

4. The Following User Says Thank You to woofem For This Useful Post:

wevsky (19-04-2014)

Thanks

these are awesome
    yesterday is history.tomorrow is a mystery. today is a gift thats why is called present

6. The Following User Says Thank You to boxerheaven For This Useful Post:

wevsky (20-04-2014)

Thanks

Was an experience well worth the trip!