Orient Express, Belgium
Visited with: PG UE, Carl, Nick & Scott.

Please Note: Entry is always through an open access point and not by forcing our way in….. We are explorers, not vandals.

History
Built in the 1930’s this train was huge, lavish and built with all the latest technology. Sadly it now sits in a Belgium train yard rotting away. I have struggled to find any specific history on this train so if anyone has information please feel free to comment below with any information.

My Visit
This was the last visit of our September tour, the weather was hot and we was all sweaty and very tired, none the less we made the dash across the live train yard whilst hoping we would not get seen. Luckily the lines we had to cross was not the main lines, it seemed that these lines are rarely used, the busier main lines are on the opposite side.

We made it to the train without any issues and wasted no time in getting the photos we wanted. We did not have long here as we had a long drive back to the channel tunnel in time for our train back to the UK.

The train even in the state of decay that she now lies still has a very lavish feel and the grandeur really shows. In her prime she must have been a beauty.

I hope you like the photos. You can click any image for a larger view.

More images available on flickr
The images above are just a small selection of the images I have edited. I will be adding lots more photos of Orient Express on my Flickr page which can be found here, https://www.flickr.com/photos/119757413@N07/

Final thoughts
A different location compared to the others we visited on this tour. Even though it was a very quick visit I am glad we came. What better way to finish off a very successful trip than looking around an iconic piece of history such as the Orient Express.

Thanks for reading,

Dugie