Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Default Re: Sea Fish Industry Authority, Hull, Report 22/11/08

After about a month they finally came and turned the alarm off (either that or pikeys nicked it) and got the place boarded up. I guess one of the night fishermen was a council member thus explaining why they only sorted the place out when they turned up.

Thanks

I was poking around that section of Hull again today and upon getting ready to head home I noticed several cars and people in orange high vis clothing (Looked like Trawler men) opening the shutters and going into the building. While the Environmental Agency kept mooching up and down the riverside looking for evidence of what happened to the railings that existed there at some point.

Looks like the place might be being fixed up so it can be sold or in the process of being sold or something.

Thanks

^^ What happened to the railings?

Thanks

Something is definitely happening in that area at the moment. Have you been in the photostudio yet?
    Last edited by Muse; 16-01-2009 at 12:28 PM. Reason: thought better of saying what I did in public ;)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KingElvis View Post
    ^^ What happened to the railings?
    No one really knows, the mystery will appear on the Unsolved Mysteries program along with the Chupacabra and the Babushka Lady. They were there one day then gone the next, metres of chains, bars no sign of bolts, fixtures or fittings only thing to remain was the floor of the old dock gate and some markings on the wall were things were attached.

The nearby docks have been busy past few days (new ships in, some old ones out) even security at the nearby Chinese restaurant and shopping area as been around more often yet no one saw or heard anything according to the people who had to replace the railings (who were not happy at being called out to here as they have to go over the safety wall at choppy and cold high tide). I don't think the ABP are going to be happy either.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Muse View Post
    Something is definitely happening in that area at the moment. Have you been in the photostudio yet?
    Been in all the derelicts there, except one (Hygiene building, north west of LL). It would be two "left" to do but one became what I thought was a operational cannabis farm (good area as it reaks of rotting fish anyways) but I think it isn't a farm but something else like a genuine active business (I even saw the beared guy from it talk to someone from Fishgate fish auctions next door even if from the outside the upper windows are outright trashed and a weired flue system exists inside it from what I could see from outside).

Thanks

That one with the wierd flue system had smoke/steam belching out last week, must be legit but goodness knows what they're doing in there, it looks trashed from the outside.

Thanks

I saw canisters of co2 outside it once a few weeks back, that is were my initial thought of a farm came from. Flues, fortified lower doors/ windows and fabricced over upper windows just seemed to go hand in hand, but the farmers would not come out of there unless they got arrested, the guy looked like Santa as well.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Thin Ice View Post
    Santa as well.
    LOL he wasn't wearing sandals was he?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Muse View Post
    LOL he wasn't wearing sandals was he?
    No idea, I walked around the corner and intended to walk the easy but long way out of the fencing only to turn the corner see him and hear him shout something (I duck into the corner thinking "phek what now? wait I can hide in those thorns up there" only to notice that he was talking to someone on ABP land loudly). That was only the start of several different versions of the same event type....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12