Thanks

Arrow Team Valley Culvert(hanging gardens) 09/08

The Team Valley Culvert runs along most of the length of the Team Valley Training estate(TVTE)

Myself , Doozer and kona(both non-members) had been planning this trip for a couple of months but thanks to the poor British summer weather and our own commitments we didn’t get around to actually going untill early September but it proved to be well worth the wait.

We had already done a reccy the previous weekend while doing another site so knew that wadders would be required along with hi-viz as our point of entry would be on a busy roundabout on the southern end on the TVTE near the Angel of the north at the junction of the TVTE and the A1.

The culvert itself isnt totally inclosed. The roof is steel meshed for 90% of the run alllowing the greenery above to trail down giving some rather nice effects and inspiring the name.

Looking into the culvert

Splishy splashy Doozer takes the lead

Earwax

After Otex ear drops

Kona gets a close up

Doozers turn

Plants and pipes

Group shots
    Normaly I wouldn’t bother obscuring faces but as this in the open I'm using descretion

Last edited by Mexico75; 29-12-2008 at 08:11 PM. Reason: Title icon

Thanks

Default Re: Team Valley Culvert(hanging gardens) 09/08

Was considering posting some 'back in the day' stuff when I found this report...

Hanging Gardens is definitely my favourite culvert, in the world, ever. Probably because I only ever go when it's hot and sunny, and it's lovely to have the warmth of the sun and the birdies tweeting away, when you are kinda underground. It's also nice and fresh, being river water, and fairly shallow (again, I always go when it's sunny )

Here's some pics from various visits, including Sandman's best disguise to date, and Kevin the Horse...

THE END IS NEIGH. sorry
    Flickr kindly host my images for me. My flickr page is here