Thanks

Arrow Mid Wales Hospital, March 2010

I've told myself not once, not twice but three times that 'this would be my last visit' but once again I found myself at Talgarth. The news that the chapel was open gave me the urge to complete the missing shot in my ever increasing collection of mid wales pictures. It was just over two years ago since my first visit and really looking through my pictures its hard to believe the sheer deterioration of a site that was in very good condition.

.. and so it began, an early morning rise. 6am to be precise. I was greeted with the sight of my car frozen thick. It was -6ºc and I was glad that for once I'd packed that extra thick jumper. Picking up my mate from Uni, Bez, we headed across the bridge and paid the usual excessive amount of cash to enter sheep bothering land.

The roads were clear, the only amusement on route was the apparant steeling of some temp traffic lights on the decent into Talgarth. After ariving the first place to visit was the boiler house. Something that's been secured and unsecured a few times. This was my first time to see it though.

A path lead to a dark cellar.. it was infact the original water supply and motor.

Untill the 1970's the hospital used its on water supply from the hills around its location... it was decided to connect the site up to the main water supply and hence the after thought of an ugly water tower.

To the main course.. the chapel, the final page in my uncompleted mid wales photo-biography.

Sunrise was beautiful, a clear and cold morning. Impossible to capture the sheer light coming though the windows. Infact my camera phone did a better job.

Reminders of WW2 and Christmas past were all around.

Hymm 0742, Bring Ye Underclass Uprising.

The Mortuary stood cold and empty, no more sandwiches made here. No slab to be found... many rumours of it being a black slate seem to persist.

The main buildings are a sorry state, compare the above with 2 years ago

The same said about pretty much everywhere, the hall, the piano. Who would want to buy this.. the only thing worth while is to knock all but admin down and maybe return it to farm land.

The fat lady has song, this piano will play no more.

Not even Admin seems to be safe from destruction.. So much has changed even the past 3 months.

Loads more pics here:
    http://www.whateversleft.co.uk/index...al-talgarth-4/
    Last edited by Tumbles; 07-03-2010 at 06:32 PM.

Thanks

Default Re: Mid Wales Hospital, March 2010

But somethings still remain.. untouched or unloved..

..and so the journey home began, a quick stop for a cuppa and a bacon sandwich.. and one last photo before crossing into the right side of the river.. this one they preserved rather well. One wonders if Mid Wales could have been converted the same way...