This was built in 1949, nothing extra special to my untrained eyes, except for the great huge 'LORD LINE' lettering that greets every visitor entering Hull from the M62, making it stand out from other buildings of its age. Obviously the building holds many memories from the bygone age of fishing, (as evidenced by some folks personal memories here.. http://slb-geog.hull.ac.uk/memoriesofhull/mem012.htm).

It's pretty tightly sealed, so much of the inside is in pitch black except for the areas facing the internal courtyard, where sunlight streams in..

Ladies toilet, probably STILL cleaner than most gent's toilets that are still in use!

The lift shaft.. held the camera TIGHT for this one..

Managers office.. once a grand place no doubt.

view on to the roof

LOTS of pigeons inhabit this place, and where they perch, they've started to create stalagmites of poo (poo-agmites?). Dirty birds.

The sun was streaming through the window making it look like the radiator was radiating..

On top of the roof..

The obligatory staircase shot. Just put your tripod in the same holes in the pigeon poo that all the other urbexers have made!

Hanging rope.

Didn't like this room for some reason, lots of hanging things, ropes and trapeze-like things (no I didn't try!)

After frightening all of the pigeons onto the roof, they ALL flew away as soon as I got onto the roof, a dead giveaway that someone's there or what!

Here's a view from the roof of the Lord Line building in 1966, together with the (slightly wider angle) view now.. (credit to Arctic Corsair's photostream on Flickr for the 1966 pic. Knows his stuff, he's even listed the ships visible and who owned them!)

And here's a pic of a ship in trouble in the dock with the Lord Line building in the background.. Happy days eh? (again, credit to Arctic Corsair for the photo)

And here's a pic of the Dock in 1986, with the Lord Line building just visible at the far end of the dock. (credit to DarkMyson for the photo)

The fish docks were moved to Albert Dock in 1975 meaning that St. Andrew's Dock closed. At the same time, Iceland declared the 200 mile limit, which instigated a cod war marking the decline in the fishing industry which Hull never recovered from. Shame. I like fish.