Thanks

Arrow Linton Camp Special Residential School, Yorkshire Dales- 7/08

Linton Camp was opened in 1940 for evacuees from Bradford, whose fathers had generally gone to war and mothers worked in the factories of the city. After the war the camp remained open as a Special Residential School taking pupils from Bradford at times when they couldn't be accommodated at home for various reasons. It was closed in the early eighties and has since been home to 'travellers' and been wrecked by many a pikey. Every single railing and wire has been nicked and almost every window has been smashed. Very sad, but I think there were some very happy times here... coming from war time Bradford to a beautiful part of the Yorkshire Dales must have been a small consolation at a difficult time.

It is hard to determine the original uses of the buildings. The assembly and class rooms are just (barely standing) empty shells. The dormitories are slightly more intact, but a bit of a death trap. The outdoor swimming pool is recognisable despite being filled with concrete. Various planning applications for this site have been submitted, varying from residential, to time share holiday cottages. As National Park planning regulations are strict regarding new buildings they have all been rejected. I believe the latest proposal involves refurbishing the existing buildings, which the authority cannot object to, and reopening it as a school camp.

To see how the camp once was visit: http://www.nationalmediamuseum.org.u...picnum=2&id=29
    I wish I could have gone before it got trashed: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=R1vo4_RoSwc but I was only 5 :/

2. She lives here now.

5. Former pool & tennis court

6. Gutted assembly room (I think)

8. Bit of a leaner

12. Plenty of peeling retro wallpaper all over

13. Of all the bogs, this was the most complete

15. Fishes!

16. That's enough wallpaper now... there was so much...

Is this too pic heavy? More available at the usual place.
    Last edited by Mexico75; 09-01-2009 at 05:22 PM.