Eastbrook Hall Bradford

Bit of a long time coming this one! I visited here many times in the late 90's it was a great old place. It's currently being turned into luxury flats (that makes a change!)

Here's the listed building survey:

1903. W J Morley and Son, architects. A large sandstone ashlar 4 storey block built for the Methodists. The elevations designed in a mixture of Jacobean and Renaissance details popular in Bradford for public buildings at the turn of the century. Panelled pilasters articulate the front on each floor between moulded sill courses. Elaborate segmental and triangular pediments over centre lights of tripartite dormers, baluster shafts dividing the lights. Tripartite mullioned windows to main floors. Shop fronts on ground floor. The central entrance bay has a large segmental portal (elaborate partly leaded glazing to upper part) rising into first floor with oriel bay window above. Corbelled pinnacled buttresses flank this upper level and rising above the parapet, decorated with urns, is a graceful octagonal drum with archivolt lights and Ionic columns supporting a copper dome with crowning lantern. The dome makes an important contribution to the skyline of the Vicar Lane area. Long range extending back along Chapel Street with mullioned windows and gables.

Pictures:

Exterior

I think this was an indoor tennis court. This was the first room I saw when i went in originally

The above lead to this room, the refreshments bar is on the bottom left.

Can't quite remember where this was!

Out the window.

A glance into the hall itself!

And again

View towards where the pulpit and organ would have been.

From behind the organ position.

The lovely ceiling, this fell in in the early part of the 2000's

I'll scan my black and whites in soon and put them here also.

Taken with an Olympus OM-10 using Fuji G-400 film

Cheers

~