The land where men are men and sheep are dumb
    Thanks

Arrow Hinchliffe Mill Nr Huddersfield.

This is Hinchliffe Mill which is nestled in the heart of the Holme Valley, and famous for The Last Of The Summer Wine TV Series.
    And as with most mills of that era, we're built alongside rivers and canals, as water was a valuable source of power and transportation.
    I seem to have drawn a blank regarding research on the place, which was a little frustrating as i like to link as much history as possible.

My step daughter has just bought one of the cottages that backs onto the mill (see pic 1) So you can imagine my excitement when this was the view that greeted me

Having a good walk around the site revealed that some of the adjoining buildings had already suffered the wrath of the diggers, and i think plans have been passed to turn the site into residential use.

My excitement however was rather dampened upon entering the mill. Everything in here has been stripped back to bare bones, including all the electrical wiring and most of the light switches. The developers here must have made a packet in scrap?

For me though, it just looked too clinical, and certainly not enough decay to tickle my taste buds and give me that rush of blood

But it was nice to document it for posterity.

I'm sorry there's nothing much to see here, but It's derelict.... And that's what It's all about

Gaz.

Hope you enjoy the pics anyway.

Last edited by Mexico75; 26-08-2009 at 06:23 PM. Reason: Title icon
    ON A JOURNEY OF DECAY