I wasn't going to bother with this, but as I got the chance to see it I thought it would be rude not to share. I know there are some hospital enthusiasts out there, so enjoy the staircase are if nothing else.
Wool Merchant John Goodman built Roundhay Hall in the 1820's. Here is a painting of it. (Not done by me)

In fact it wasn't called Roundhay Hall then, it was called Allerton Hall. It changed his name when Sir Edard Allen Brotherton, a chemical manufacturer, MP (Wakefield), Mayor of Wakie and Lord Mayor of Leeds bought it during the Great War.
This is Brotherton, pictured on a medal he gave to his staff in 1914 to his employees. The message on the back reads PRESENTED BY E.A. BROTHERTON, CHAIRMAN OF BROTHERTON & Co. Ltd.AND LORD MAYOR OF LEEDS 1914 TO HIS EMPLOYEES, THE HALL, ROUNDHAY,3 JULY 1914.

Today it is a private Spire Hospital.

I work with a character called Chris. He kindly merged the two photographs using a computer program called Photoshop. It took him about a minute. Perhaps you have heard of it?

During the Second World War the hall became a 62 bed Annexe to Leeds General Infirmary (LGI) It must have been a grand place to stay during difficult times.

Even though it is now a private hospital, it still retains much of the elegance that it had. Beautiful moldings in can be seen behind the beds.

Impressive ceiling lights.

Even though this room is used for physio now, the details are still there.

The hallway to the Hall was once very impressive, with its statues and wonderful doorway.

Alas today it isn't used as an entrance, just an office. (Eagle eyed readers may just spot picture one of the report, the old painting on the left hand wall. Getting it to fit in my scanner at home was murder.)

Without doubt, the most impressive feature of this building is it's central staircase. Here it is in the early twentieth century. I spy a dead animal at the bottom of the stairs.

And today.

And another.

Yet more.

Old snap at the top of the stairs.

And modern day

Maybe not scrubbing around in some rat infested hell hole, but a chance to see a place not normally on show.

Apparently this place was largely derelict in the 1980's. How cool would that have been?

Here is a picture of a plastic skull that was attached to a plastic skeleton in one of the rooms. Enjoy.

Black and White snaps from Leeds University Brotherton Library, picture of medal from Ebay. I thank you.