MOD/ADMIN NOTE: After reading the FAQ, I have a funny feeling these pics are 10 pixels too big on the long end, I think I cocked up the resizing and adding of a border. If they are unnacceptable, let me know and I will try to edit them.

Anyway, here goes. Another one ticked off the list - this isn't exactly the latest and greatest explore in Dunoon, but it's just something I had to do. My mum worked in here when we moved up to Scotland in 1994/5(?) up until shortly before its closure, which I think was around 1998. I remember it well before it closed, the brown staffroom, the very clinical feel, the old lady that gave me sweets. In 12 years, the place has become almost unrecognisable - someone bought it, and then just left it to rot. Some of the roof has gone, and the floors look like they are not far behind it either.

Difficulty: Moderate. Access is easy but the building is no longer structurally sound. Upstairs is a no no if you value being alive.
Time needed: 2 hours max
Return visit: Not essential.

Gear: Canon EOS 450D & 18-55 kit lens.

Let's go!

Approach.

Round the back, and the pikeys have already had a go at it

Inside, the hallway. Couldn't go any further as the carpet was all that was holding me up

Spooky...

Colourful wall with fire hose. Another step forward and I'd have been back on the floor below

Wide angle staircase/landing shot.

Stained glass.

Very clinical-styled room with a broken window. The lens flare was undesired but I didn't mind it...

Don't forget to wash your hands regularly!

Obligatory.

This photo ^ is a prime example of how much RAW rules. The orig of this was so dark, 'push' was not at all visible. A few changes in the levels and I was able to bring it to life.

Similar story with this. A bit darker than I'd have liked and ruined by barrel distortion... not anymore!

Front door

Highlander crisps ca. 2004

A tear out from the yellow pages.

A notice from near the back door...

Kitchen.

The room where the shit goes... literally.

My obsession with electrical equipment (particularly stuff that goes BZZZZ) drew me to the fuse room.

Thanks for looking. This was my first proper run with the 450D without a tripod. Comments welcome!