Visited with Bryag last night...

I grew up passing this place almost everyday, as it's about 200 yards from my old house, so it was interesting to see inside it finally. I became aware of it's demise when I sold a guy a load of OSB ('Sterling Board') and when he asked if we could deliver to this site, my curiousity was aroused

Unfortunately, due to a combination of things, we were a week or two too late to get the best out of this place, as demo was well underway

Google Streetview as it was :

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&so...,0.005584&z=18

And a hideous shot as it is now - all my externals came out so badly...

There's very little info about this place online, apart from the usual spiel from the shower of clowns that are the Care Commission

It was a local-authority care home, providing accomodation for 20 residents, in 20 rooms, only one of which as en-suite. It is being demolished, and a replacement home being built on the site.

Anyhoo, on with the pics :

The exterior, from the rear :

The first=floor was completely stripped, with interestingly spongy floors ( ) so once we were in, we made our way downstairs :

There wasn't much too see in this place Asbestos work was going on :

Heath-Robinson clothes-hanger? Or patient-lift....

Remains of one of the loos :

Green stairwell, truly a hideous shade of institutional green :

Zimmer lurking there

One of the few original features left :

Looking up past the Asbestos Tent

There you have it.

Not particularly interesting or inspiring this one, but we had fun, access was entertaining, made more so by the ridiculously exposed nature of the site, and it's one off the list if nothing else...

Oh yes - my tripod is in a bad way, hence the angle of the shots