Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Arrow "Egypt" Worcestershire, Feb '10

It's a pretty open secret in urbex land that I am the most l337 of explorers, regularly sending n00bs back to school with my epic adventures and ninja-like skillz. Whilst teh kidz are downloading their warez and pr0n, i'm often bustin the ass of the latest lockdown. Of course today is no exception - a new site of course, and a new exploring partner, rivalling my l337-ness all the way. Let the u7t1ma73 pwnage begin mofo's...
    Today we are in Egypt. In Worcesterhire. Confused? At least I didn't say confused.com. That would have been very bad.

This place is, or was known as Egypt, a derelict World War two site, that later got used for families of military personel during the Suez Crisis late in 1956.

During 1956, ex pats living across Egypt were required to leave. Places like this were ideal. Originally some sort of World War 2 place (I don't know what - sorry) it still had wooden huts, and larger brick single story buildings for communal areas. Today the wooden huts have gone, but the camp remains, largely forgotten about in the middle of nowhere.

Much of this place is totally stripped. Reminders of post war colours can be seen on a few walls. It reminded me of the late POW camp at Pingley, Lincolnshire, now gone

It's remote location means it is graffiti free.

I mentioned my new exploring partner. This readers, is my mother. Eagle eyed viewers of the below snap will see her marching across the site. It was her who did the first recce of this place, back in 1961, when it was derelict then. She was impressed to see that apart from the wooden huts that had gone, it was not much different. Not bad for 49 years.

At some point someone has breeze blocked up a few places, but little else has changed.

Inside the hall. Today the roof has gone. It was easy to imagine servicemen and women dancing away to Glenn Miller type choons in here.

Most of the buildings were pretty sound on the whole, although had no windows. On the fireplace, a bottle of Windolene. (Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's windolene?) It tasted horrible.

Interior scenez

Another long corridor

"Oh you are a brick Marjorie, I love powdered egg and bully beef. Thanks awfully" Old canteen.

I love the old bricks here.

To be honest, far too many pictures here, but I was proud of myself, one week on from my sex change operation, and although exploring with your mother isn't that epic, she was quite happy to ignore the "strictly no admittance" and "Private do not enter signs", which is good enough for me

Thanks

Default Re: "Egypt" Worcestershire, Feb '10

these are lovely pics and fantastic report and big up to your mum
    yesterday is history.tomorrow is a mystery. today is a gift thats why is called present

Thanks

Nicely captured, that looks kindof like a mini asylum hall in one of the pics..

If you ever decide to Reverse the sex change then a 3 series might be in order:

Hope your fully back on your feet soon mate
    Saviour of the sporran

Thanks

You got some cracking shots there, and exploring with your mum, thats def too l33t.
    My Flickr

The treasure we take is captured in images not bags

Thanks

Wink Re: "Egypt" Worcestershire, Feb '10

All hail Boxfrenzy's mum! What a l33t team of mother & son! She doesn't look old enough to of explored this 49 years ago!
    You've got some cracking shots here Rich, specially your last corridor shot-a beauty! Will your ma be adding her pics soon?
    Is TC ok with your new spolring partner?

Thanks

Looks good to me, I would have a poke around there.

Would be nice if you could dig out some more facts on the place as it looks large. Can you do an FE?
    Under the radar, over the top

Thanks

lol at the breeze blocked door way, only to have a wahcking great barn door open next to it
    www.thetimechamber.co.uk - History:Photography:Music

This production does not contain any references to 'the bird'

minxy* Guest

Brilliant stuff

Thanks

Don't know why but if walls could talk, I'd like to hear what they have to say about this place.
    Under the radar, over the top

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KingElvis View Post
    Don't know why but if walls could talk, I'd like to hear what they have to say about this place.
    "Why is that man taking pictures of some rubble with his mom? Is he ill?"

I bet there are some interesting tales to hear mate. I'm just sad I don't know them.

MD - TC has been booted into touch. Me and my mom have got a couple of cranes to bust tonight, then it's off to Battersea for Mothers Day.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast