Visited here today with Wurzel and Zombiesazza. What a great site this is to explore I even climbed up which considering I don't like heights was a surprise to us all . I know Zimbob explored it a few months ago too and posted it up and has basically given most of the information on its history but for those who have not read the report here it is again.

Seabank Tank Farm was used for storing the oil for the nearby admirality based at Invergordon. On the 15th of February 1941 a Junkers 88 flew in and bombed the site hitting and destroying tank 13 and hitting the next tank as well. Oil flowed onto railway track and into nearby station. This was later pumped out into the Firth - enviroment obviously didn't matter in those days. The Junker then narrowly missed the church spire and then strafed the siding on Bulls Hill leaving bullet markings on the rails. It then attacked a Sutherland sea plane moored in the Firth before making a escape.

A large site so leave yourselves plenty of time to explore it also watch your feet as I put a nail through my boot in the building with the lorrys. Anyway here is my pics

On the way in

Some kind of pump room

Smaller Tanks unsure why these ones are brick covered

Old lorrys dumped here

Some more plumbing and valves and gauges

Main entrance

Tanks are high

A view along the tanks

Inside one of the tanks. Sorry bout quality of pic as it was handheld as I forgot my tripod and is on a high iso

The Boiler house

Another pump room

Water Tank

Various other buildings

A great afternoon out