Thanks

Arrow Deva asylum, countess of chester hospital - April 2010

Here are some pictures from my quite eventful visit to the hospital which is already half way through being demolished, We went for a quick look around and found an open doorway after climbing over a very dodgy fence, while looking around the place we heard voices and had to hide for a while.. 'was it security/police/chavs/pikeys or just other urban explorers?? I hoped for it to be other urbexers but was sadly wrong.. we hid in one of the rooms but realised these people were aware of our presence.. next thing we knew we had a gun pointed in our faces!! They asked who the hell we were?? The cheeky gits were there shooting animals or something, possibly looking for stuff to steal, there were 3 men and a child!! We made small talk and left them to it! We also spotted a police van through one of the windows so told them to leg it while we legged it sharply in the opposite direction!! Once outside and over the fence I was approached by an ex employee of the hospital and informed me it was very dangerous inside (i didnt tell i'd already been in) and also ex patients had been discovered living inside the building as it was the only place they had ever felt safe! I am glad to of seen what was left of the building but for various reasons i will not be returning!
    Farewell Deva hospital AKA the only place ive ever been where i thought i was gonna be shot!!

Hope you enjoy the pictures (sorry for not knowing what any of the rooms or wards were known as).

Last edited by Mexico75; 27-04-2010 at 07:07 PM.

Thanks

Default Re: Deva asylum, countess of chester hospital.

Funny you should mention guns at Deva, I was walk over the debris of what was Ashley & Irby looking for some pieces of what was the Hazard room (I found a Yellow & Black slab of plaster) and I bumped into a guy & his son they both had Air Rifles, the son was holding 2/3 dead pigeons (later I saw him wrapping up pieces of metal up in a big cloth !!), he said Hiya what was I doing here I said taking pics of the demolished Ashley & Irby ward. he said nothing. I thought more to the point what are you doing here shooting pigeons.A week later on the way home from work I cycled past Deva I saw a Police speeding towards Daresbury block (the block you were in climbing the rickety fence) they pulled up to the side of Daresbury by a car rushed out to the boot opened it and put on some gear on and ran towards the back of the Deva perimeter. 5 mins later another Police appeared same thing happened, the one of the local dog walkers appeared I asked her what was all the fuss, she said 2 persons had being spotted leaving a vehicle carrying rifles & someone had called the Police LOL !!!!
    Then a 3rd Police car arrived with Police & dogs. I left for home don't know the outcome.

I grabbed some pics of the police cars arriving.

The Block you were in is a 4 Ward block the 2 wards downstairs are called Daresbury & Durham, the 2 Wards upstairs are called Hale & Huxley.

Pic 1 (One Police Car)

Pic 2 (Two Police Cars) now blocking the suspects car in

Pic 3 (Three Police Cars)

Some Demo pics to follow....
    Deva Demolition Collection - Last Updated 3rd August 2010

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Cat Crept In View Post
    Well worth a visit
    A bit late now....

There on the last block, Daresbury,Durham, Hale & Huxley Wards. I grabbed a few on Saturday I went for a wander after seeing the current state of Demolition I knew this wud be my last ever visit, there was not much left Daresbury Block slice right through the middle. I few pics,
    So heres 4 from what I took on Sat.

1) Looking across the gap towards Huxley Ward, standing near the edge !!!! (As off today this has gone)

2) Hale Ward, the previous pic was taken from by the Orange wall upstairs, this bit is currently being demolished

3) A cross section of Dunham & Huxley Wards (As off today this has gone)

4) One of the last pics of the main dormitory on Hale Ward

I'm putting together a more detailed Demolition thread.......

So it's well & truly RIP Deva

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shadowdancer View Post
    Shame this place is totally gone, I think its only the water tower thats left now sadly
    This is Deva now..... all thats left of it !!!!!