Thanks

Arrow Browns Folly Quary, Wiltshire - Jan 08

Once part of the extensive Monkton Farleigh Stone Quarry which was taken over by the millitary for conversion into the Monkton Farleigh Central Arms Depot, The remaining workings are renamed after the stone tower built on a nearby hillside as a victorian folly. The main quarry adit was balsted by the military to protect access to the CAD The southern section consists of several long main routes, the waste stone is stacked up along the sides of the passages. The southern section contains the quarry stables and the clapham junction area where several intact rail links converge.

We entered via Muddy Hole traveling down hand rail passage past the loading bay and into Clapham junction, after small break, from there we went into the Pit Prop Chamber and then south to the well, the water was quite disturbed today but it lit up nicely with a light stick. From there we headed over to the Ferret cage,then back through clapham junction South. Stopping at the water troughs for some pictures we then took a quick look at the blocked passage through to the rest of Monkton Farleigh Quarry. before heading over onto middle passage. The next stop was Devils Chamber before a quick route over deads onto Front Passage a quick stop at the southern stables and then it was back north along Front passage past the dry troughs, Then Up Steps and we were back on Hand Rail Passage and out through muddy hole.

Really not happy with the pics i took in browns so need to get back soon.

Thanks

Default Re: Browns Folly Quary, Wiltshire - Jan 08

I always love those glowing tank pics, I'm sure I have seen this one before.

Very cool.

Thanks

The green pic you took is great
    “To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.”

Thanks

you proberbly have seen this one before it was posted on 28 back in the day. OT's or Rigsby's green tank pics from the same day might still be up over there.