Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Arrow BP North Sea Headquarters, Aberdeen

I had drove past this building many times and since it was usually at nights or weekends never realised it was shut. It closed in 2008 and moved to the new BP offices built pretty much just behind it on Stoneywood Road. When we visited here the security was pretty much non-existant(was pretty much the case of walking through an open door) and as a case of this parts of the building had been completely torn apart by travelling types.

Over the course of the past week the building has been boarded up on the lower level and the existing entrances have now gone, which is a shame but at least it will stop it from being wrecked even more.

I have a lot of photos from here as it is huge and i visited over two days, although the second visit was cut short when we came across noises of a group people smashing things up on the floor we were on.

Anyway here are some photos.

Entered the building at around 5 in the morning and managed to catch the sunrise through the windows on the top floor.

Went up to the roof after this, wouldve got some better pictures if i had remembered to bring my ND grad filters.

Didnt linger up here to long and decided to check some of the offices out, most of this was stripped out although someone was kind enough to scatter the floor with pins which i stood on.

All of the ventilation system was still in tact here is one of the two fans in one of the buildings.

Also some very 70's looking rooms

My favourite area had to be the Restraunt and Kitchen, these were a lot larger than they look in photos.

Restaraunt:

Kitchens:

Went back a week later at night to check out a couple of parts we had missed out the first time.

First thing we came across was this room full of equipment(and some human excrement in the middle of it :x)
    apologies for some of the quality of these ones, the rooms were very dark and i dont have a proper flashgun. The onboard flash on my D200 isnt up to much.

Further along the corridor was a rather cool looking Ops Room.

Back to the bottom floor of the main buildings and we found another room full of equipment but on a much larger scale than the last one, didnt get a decent photo of it though so here is some damage people have caused tearing out copper piping.

And to cap it off here is a photo of some of the small aircon units on the bottom floor, there are apparantly some very large ones in another room that i missed on my visits.

Hope you liked it, this is my first report on an urbex website.
    Last edited by Tumbles; 15-07-2010 at 12:38 PM.

Brrrrap'ford brap brap brap brap brap brap brap
    Thanks

Default Re: BP North Sea Headquarters, Aberdeen

Thats a buzzin first report!

flickr my bean

Thanks

Great stuff mate
    "God will forgive them. He'll forgive them, and allow them into heaven. I can't live with that."

Thanks

thats a top first report m8

Thanks

Yeah and the food was shit in that canteen, had the misfortune of sampling its wares a few years back. Did up get any roof shots looking over toward the aiport? wondering what the view is like in that direction from the top of this building.
    My Flickr

The treasure we take is captured in images not bags

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by skin View Post
    Yeah and the food was shit in that canteen, had the misfortune of sampling its wares a few years back. Did up get any roof shots looking over toward the aiport? wondering what the view is like in that direction from the top of this building.
    Unfortunatly i didnt, you do get a pretty clear view of the airport and most of Dyce from up there though. Didnt linger at the edges of the roof too long to avoid being spotted as you have a clear view from the road.

Thanks

thats a great first report
    The only thing to do with good advice is pass it on. It is never any use to oneself.

wolfism Guest

Excellent stuff – good to see something interesting appear from Aberdeen. I've driven past this place as well, usually looking at the metal mesh stairs on the new BP building whilst stuck in the traffic…

Thanks

thanks for the comments, i have a few more places on my list to do within the next month or so. I'll stick those up once there done as well

Thanks

Brilliant first report mate, had no idea this place existed..looks fairly decent.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast