Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Default Re: ADM Milling Ltd (Spillers Mill) Newcastle upon Tyne – August 2010 REPORT

Well, this was bound to happen eventually: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-11135396

This is what happens when you leave a building unsecured with no on-site security in one of Newcastle's scuzzier corners during the school holidays.
    Flickr kindly host my images for me. My flickr page is here

Thanks

Default Re: ADM Milling Ltd (Spillers Mill) Newcastle upon Tyne – August 2010 REPORT

At least you did a fine job of photographing prior to the fire , small compensation I know though.
    Give me wine, I drain the dregs and toss the empty bottle at the world.

Handsome, witty, devastatingly charming and unstoppably immoral

Thanks

i'm starting to think that we do more damage to these sites than the fecking pikeys do.
    The harder you fall, the higher you bounce.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by **MudLark** View Post
    i'm starting to think that we do more damage to these sites than the fecking pikeys do.
    I don't think we're to blame for this one, but yes, some places do need keeping quiet - I would have classed this as one of those but it was already pretty well known by the time we posted this report - certainly the taggers, land pirates and the Byker Romeo knew about it and had been in for a good old jolly. I think the stupid-easy-ass access coupled with the local charver population plus no security (taken off-site just in time for the school hols ) did for this one. I mean, it's been wide open for at least 6 weeks so what do people expect?

Anyone wanting to get in for fair ends or foul - they have 2 options. A: Get a computer, research the name of the mill, google it, find the report, get in. Or B: walk past with your eyes open, get in. I'll willing to bet I know which technique comes easiest to our light-fingered friends...

EDIT: The Chron's on the case. Pirates, apparently: http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/north...2703-27170031/ Looks like it's a known hazard for the fire dept.
    Last edited by doozer; 31-08-2010 at 12:48 PM.
    Flickr kindly host my images for me. My flickr page is here

Thanks

judging by all the cable amour lying about thats taken a fair while to accumulate so access will have been possible for some time.
    AFAIK security where taken off a fair while ago BUT they do still patrol I do know some of the info for security but wont post as its just telling chav scum when the site isnt guarded.

Its only ever a matter of time before a site gets hit by arsonists , chav's , taggers , metal theives or developers.
    Its how the game plays out.
    The local fire brigade should know what the score is inside as they have been using the place for training as based on info recived have the police in the past.
    Hopefully its just a few bland offices that have been lost. Sucks I know but overall the site should still have a lot to offer.

The worst part is tho its now another cause for people to demand demo or the police to take a bigger intrest and the site be made more secure

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman For This Useful Post:

wolfism Guest

Shame, hopefully the fire brigade caught it before too much damage was wreaked…

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12