Thanks

Arrow Yorkshire Bank Sorting Office Vault - Chapel Allerton, Leeds. 31/07/10

*Didn't know where to put this thread so i put it here, hope thats ok ?*

On with the report,

Not sure when this place closed, but i know that theres been quite a bit of controversy of this site due to a plan to build 14 flats, a restaurant, doctor's surgery and pharmacy was turned down by the council, With the reason being "the development is far too large, has little green space provision, and does not demonstrate well enough how exactly it would deal with increased levels of traffic in the area". Since then plans have been made to turn it into a temporary 3 year car park until plans to turn it into development of office space for 100, apartments for 100, car parking for 100 and 3 'national multiple' shops commence. I have no idea whats going on with it these days as no work seems to have been taking place.

Not much to say really as this place is pretty boring and not much to see there at all except from the 2 floor vault. We originally went there intending to have a good explore but found ourselves spending all our time in the vault messing around with long exposures and actually taking no pictures of the rest of the building ( mainly because theres nothing to see.... at all). As we got into the building it became obvious that this building isn't completely derelict as the main loading section was completely full of random junk and tools.

*if any of my information is incorrect please be sure to correct me*

heres the pics,

Entrance to the vault

This is 3 images merged.

Im sorry if i bored anybody with my complete lack of interesting pictures but thank for making it this far down the page anyway.

cheers.

Thanks

Default Re: Yorkshire Bank Sorting Office Vault - Chapel Allerton, Leeds. 31/07/10

Heres some of my pics, Couldnt get any good ones cos the light sensor went on my camera and all my pics were covered in a purple haze (fun fact for you, after this we went to Queens hotel roof and had a blast then i went home and pressed the delete all button on my camera! We, I mean fowleandclough spent about 12hrs recovering them, thank you F and C!)