Thanks

Arrow Megatron, Sheffield - August 2010.

Megatron, Sheffield - Visited By Ojay Woodburner & Aem.

Regretably Thompski couldn't make it

FINALLY! Megatron.... After a number of aborted visits and failed meets over the last 18 months we nearly made it... On a recent visit by Woodburner it had been noted that they are working on repairing a section just beyond the point where the Porter Brook merges with the River Sheaf.

Having not been able to manage access due to the 'Works' we put our last planned visit on hold (AGAIN!). Rewind 3 weeks and another plan was hatched, with myself Thompski & Woodburner meeting up in Sheffield early one Sunday morning (8am to be precise), we couldn't believe our BAD LUCK. Work was being carried out, with around 15 blokes in and out of our access point, FFS I'm begining to wonder if I'm ever gonna get to see this place

After a bit more planning we arrived in Sheffield much later, my luck was finally in, nobody on-site. The only comedy here was a bunch of bag heads and a group of people waiting for the bus whilst we accidentally in culverts

After a short stoop up the Porter Brook we were greeted with a section of spray crete which merged with the River Sheaf, down we go to see what all the fuss is about.

Further downstream the river quickly divides into 3 sections, here a mix of brick and concrete, then stone (Very cool).

We chose teh middle tunnel, as it was much drier and easier

before we stumble upon the 'Works', sadly the lights weren't on so I had to play lighting bitch.

Work has been ongoing down here for a number of months now, and sadly the rebar is now in place ready for the final application of 'spraycrete'.

TBH this section is crumbling and giving away to the trains and vehicles thundering overhead, so much needed, despite my hate of 'crete'.

Sandbags at 10 paces....

After spending a bit of time mooching about in here, we headed out into the open briefly before continuing downstream in search of the main chamber.

Again there are 3 brick/stone tunnels, we headed once again down the middle section, with the Sheaf flowing down the left tunnel

Before eventually joining back up

Once through the other side it appeared to get much deeper, no match for the chesties tho!

Suddenly I could see light at the end of the tunnel, and ahead huge culverty goodness

This is by far the largest section of culvert I have ever experienced, the main chamber is Hooj and only to be matched by Manchester's Optimus Prime

Looking back from the other side

Ahead, I can see the light... followed by more crete and deep water (Gulp).

Finally thanks to Woodburner for his patience, although he has been here many times before he seems to have developed this strange drain0r ritual

Thanks for looking, Props to Woodburner & Aem for LOL's and lighting bitcheZ

Thanks

Default Re: Megatron, Sheffield - August 2010.

Great report
    The only thing to do with good advice is pass it on. It is never any use to oneself.

Brrrrap'ford brap brap brap brap brap brap brap
    Thanks

Is it definitely a waders job?
    You'll have to hook us up with access when I get round to doing it!

flickr my bean

Thanks

Best images ive seen of here, would not find me down there mind but good on those who brave this place all me life you know of something and think what would that be like then now i know..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by em_jay_ess View Post
    Is it definitely a waders job?
    You'll have to hook us up with access when I get round to doing it!
    Wellies are fine here, yeah give us a shout when your free