Thanks

Default Hulme flumes little brother/ medlock culverts, manchester, march 28th 2013

Visited with nickindroy

Met up with nickindroy early morning and started our river medlock explore in ardwick Manchester and came up to ground level 6 hours later next to a old run down building almost next to Oxford road train station.
    We got a good few pictures on the river and we also took a couple of the run down building on our way past.
    It was a good laugh wading through the river We had a good time.

Here are my shots

Here is some snaps of the old run down building

Thanks for looking and i hope you enjoyd
    Last edited by Tom sherman; 29-03-2013 at 01:54 PM.
    exploring in manchester ?
    give me a SHOUT!!!

tomos25@live.co.uk

Thanks

Default Re: Hulme flumes little brother/ medlock culverts, manchester, march 28th 2013

Pretty good walk round there. I believe the sewer bit with the iron penstock is called UMIST. It's fantastic how some codenames come about, its called that due to the fact of the mist coming off the warm sewage and the fact that some people in the flats above the metlock beck thing were throwing fruit at them as they waded through the water! UMIST!

"How come the compression is so bad on all those shots man? It looks like they've been edited with a Commodore 64." JST

Brrrrap'ford brap brap brap brap brap brap brap
    Thanks

Default Re: Hulme flumes little brother/ medlock culverts, manchester, march 28th 2013

UMIST is the concrete box section, Hulme Flumes lil bro is the penstock. Get it right dick 'ed!!But yea, its a good mooch. One day I'll get to the real Hulme Flume

flickr my bean

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    Pretty good walk round there. I believe the sewer bit with the iron penstock is called UMIST. It's fantastic how some codenames come about, its called that due to the fact of the mist coming off the warm sewage and the fact that some people in the flats above the metlock beck thing were throwing fruit at them as they waded through the water! UMIST!
    Err...

We went in there once at the end of a manc weekend with a couple of hundred quid's worth of fireworks and proceeded to have 15 minutes of sheer anarchy. Scott said something about it being named so because they were out looking for drains, found this one right next to the University of Manchester Institute of Science and Technology (UMIST), and it's a shit boring featureless concrete box, hence You-Missed...

Echoes like a motherfucker when you hurl a firework down it though.